Champagne Soaked Red, White & Blue Chocolate-dipped Strawberries
Our friends invited us to pool party on the 4th of July recently and we wanted to test out a dessert recipe that was both alcohol infused and patriotic. We had seen these red, white and blue chocolate-dipped strawberries and thought, what goes perfect with fresh strawberries? Champagne!
- 1 pacakge of fresh strawberries
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 1 canning jar
- 1 bag of white melting chocolate
- Bottle of blue sugar sprinkles
- Fill your canning jar with strawberries and fill with champagne. Allow to set for at least 24 hours. If you are in a pinch for time, you can poke small holes in the strawberries with a tooth pick to allow the champagne to penetrate faster.
- Pat dry the strawberries
- Melt your white chocolate in a small pan.
- Dip your strawberries into the chocolate. Place down and let the chocolate set a bit (30-45 seconds). If you dip it immediately into the sprinkles your chocolate will bunch up.
- Enjoy! These do not hold very well. About 2-3 days in the fridge tops, so only make as much as you need.